- Written by Mister Ed
- Category: Shipping
- Hits: 22
The EZ input portion of the custom shipping logic screen allows you to enter the rates for custom shipping methods and to add any additional rates that you may with to apply, such as:
- extra shipping for quantities under a certain amount
- a small discount for items over a certain total, weight, quantity ( shipping logic discounts will never take the shipping below 0 ).
- extra shipping for a certain product category or select products and yet allow all other shipping rates to apply.
- or use any combination of the custom shipping logic row fields. It's very flexible!
Other ways to add shipping:
1. If you are not using ship by weight ( aka SBW ) or custom logic using measured quantities and you wish to add shipping to a particular product, you may do that in the product database using the shipping field as it becomes the the flat rate shipping price for the item if measured quantities and SBW are not enabled.
2. If you have a particular option on a product that costs additional, you may add additional shipping to that option (not the whole product) in the option files by using the "Two Pipe" method where you add an additional pipe character ( | ) to the option string and enter the price after it. See the user forums, shipping docs or the user manual areas for more information.
|Notes on Adding a new Custom Shipping Logic Row|
|Shipping Method:||The shipping method code must be either a custom shipping method or the full shipping method compiled by the real-time methods. Make sure to also add as custom shipping method and add to your order forms as well. Is NOT case sensitive in this box.|
|Subtotal Range:||The shipping rate will be applied only if the subtotal falls in the range entered.
Examples (10.99-25.99, 10-, -100) The first applies the discount if it is between 10.99 and 25.99. The second applies it if the subtotal greater than 10 and the third applies it if the subtotal is less than 100.
|Quantity Range:||The shipping rate will be applied only if the quantity ordered falls in the range entered. Quantity will be for total items in the cart/order unless a Product PID or category is entered for this shipping method, then it will apply to the quantity ordered for the PID or category.
Examples (10-25, 10-, -100)
|Measured Value Range:||Use only with SBW (ship by weight). The shipping rate will be applied only if the weight or the items ordered falls in the range entered. Weight will be for total weight for all items in the cart/order unless a Product PID or category is entered for this shipping method, then it will apply to the total weight of items ordered for the PID or category.
Examples (10-25, 10-, -100)
|Product Type:||Select the type of product information that will be used for product specific discounts.
Examples (PID, Category). PID allows one or more product IDs to be entered and evaluated. Category allows one top level (main) category to be used for the code. Leave blank if not used.
|Product PID or Category:||Enter one Product Category if "Product Type" is Category, the Category must be exactly as in the product database for the target category of products. Only one Category Allowed. If "Product Type" is PID, you may enter one or more individual product ID numbers.
Examples (00001, 00001 00202, Books, Computer Monitors). Leave blank if not used.
|Rate:||The shipping rate can be any amount in percentages or hard dollar amounts (no currency symbol). If no shipping, enter "Free" ( note: the shipping price line in the order totals summary box will not be displayed for an order with 0 or no shipping cost ).
Examples (5%, 5.5555%, 15.00, 20)
|Shipping Date:||Enter the dates the shipping rate is valid using the date form MM/DD/YYYY. Leave blank if any date is acceptable
Examples (05/17/2021-05/17/2022, -01/01/2022, 12/31/2021-)